Latest activity

• LunarMist
    LunarMist replied to the thread Wi-Fi.
    The torpology is ridiculous. The RG6 cable goes from ONT (splitter) into the Wi-Fi and main STB, and the RJ45 cable also goes from the...
  • J
    jtr1962 reacted to ddrueding's post in the thread Video Cards with Like Like.
    We are totally off topic, but to answer JTRs question, the hot water from the city is an isolated closed-loop system. You control the...
  • ddrueding
    ddrueding replied to the thread Wi-Fi.
    Ubiquiti can do everything, but it doesn't have to. The one I linked above just does Wifi. The one I have at home is a Dream Machine...
  • LunarMist
    LunarMist replied to the thread Wi-Fi.
    From what I read the mesh stuff doesn't work well with my Fibros Wi-Fi router, which is necessary for video. So buying two Wi-FI...
  • ddrueding
    ddrueding replied to the thread Wi-Fi.
    If your tablet tends to not leave the workroom, then everything mentioned in following paragraphs doesn't apply. Just about any AP will...
  • ddrueding
    ddrueding replied to the thread Video Cards.
    We are totally off topic, but to answer JTRs question, the hot water from the city is an isolated closed-loop system. You control the...
  • J
    jtr1962 replied to the thread Windows 11.
    The 20th century model worked fine. The problem is businesses think their profit margins should be a lot higher now. It's the difference...
  • LunarMist
    LunarMist replied to the thread Video Cards.
    Of course we are now totally off of the topic, but I meant like the Natural Gasses. Electric tankless is good for a sink or something.
  • J
    jtr1962 replied to the thread Video Cards.
    Sounds like a much better idea than every home having a furnace and hot water heater. Are there any heat exchangers to recover some heat...
  • LunarMist
    LunarMist replied to the thread Windows 11.
    Pretty much everything is becoming a service. Of course there are strong business reason for that regardless of the negative impact to...
  • J
    jtr1962 replied to the thread Video Cards.
    I looked into that first for the kitchen sink. They have ludicrous power requirements, starting at well over 5 kilowatts. That doesn't...
  • ddrueding
    ddrueding replied to the thread Video Cards.
    At our place and in most of the cities in Denmark we get hot and cold water from the city. The water traditionally has been heated by...
  • LunarMist
    LunarMist posted the thread Wi-Fi in Computers.
    I'm going to try to add a small Wi-Fi device specifically for the S9 FE galactic tablet. As I mentioned here the Fibros wi-fi is...
  • J
    jtr1962 replied to the thread Windows 11.
    He repairs PCs for a living, so that at least gives him some credibility. Truth is people are too complacent. We should have nipped...
  • LunarMist
    LunarMist replied to the thread Video Cards.
    Did you ever build a radiator into the door? I'm surprised they don't use tankless water heaters in Europe.